Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Time to welcome the Rennlist Refugees~!

Time to welcome the Rennlist Refugees~! 21 Aug 2020 09:12 #21409

• Sterling
  • Junior Forum Member
Rennlist has turned into a full fledged dumpster fire, so it's time to make this the defacto place for 928 knowledge going forward. We trusted our knowledge and documentation to a 3rd party and found out we were the product they were reselling. The 928 owner's club is a non profit organization that's sole purpose is to gather the 928 owners and our collective knowledge to keep these cars on the road.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time to welcome the Rennlist Refugees~! 21 Aug 2020 17:43 #21414

• Rich928
Hello Sterling,

We've been here all along. Everyone is welcome for 928 TALK. We have a registry with over 3,100 Porsche 928s ... owners are welcomed to post photos and stories about their 928s.

Membership dues go towards member gifts, keeping the website alive, and supporting/assisting with 928 face to face gatherings.
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

Time to welcome the Rennlist Refugees~! 21 Aug 2020 20:15 #21417

• jej3
  • Junior Forum Member
Saying "we've been here all along" and "this is what member fees go to" might not be the best follow on from the OC Board to Sterling's message but I understand it came from the membership portfolio.

I'm proud to have been a member of the OC off and on for a couple of decades, because I felt it was right. However, the biggest benefit I got was a T-shirt and a license plate frame, when I joined at least 15 years ago and it's going to take more than some SWAG to land squarely as an informational resource for 928 owners.

Sterling is not overstating the dumpster fire on Rennlist. There is serious disruption on Rennlist right now and it's going to take some brain power and marketing effort to get people here. They'll come for technical expertise not posts (like mine to the Board) which go unanswered for several days until I make mention of it on FB.

If you don't know who your competition is in this regard, it is...

Facebook - with many 928 group variants
The real NEW refugee forum - openroad.site/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=ef2...31d65bfc80905c2f38f6
Pelican (to a far lesser extent than RL)
and Youtube

I'd suggest the Board might want to seriously consider Sterling on this topic and many would love to hear you are doing so.

Time to welcome the Rennlist Refugees~! 21 Aug 2020 21:13 #21419

• billvvOC
Trey,
Sorry it took so long for someone to respond to your post... I just happened to log in today and see it - which FB page did you post on?

Sterling,
As a Board member, I'm happy to help more of the 928 community to take advantage of the Owners Club resources; such as they are. It's great that you looked to the Club as a place that might - with some considerable work by volunteers - be a place that could approach the popularity of Rennlist for community discussion. The Club's mission statement says..."Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world." so your comment that the sole purpose is to gather the 928 owners and our collective knowledge to keep these cars on the road is right on point.
Last Edit: 23 Aug 2020 13:25 by billvvOC.

Time to welcome the Rennlist Refugees~! 23 Aug 2020 13:13 #21427

I'm not seeing a 'dumpster fire' at RL. But, I use the RL forums as a technical and social gathering resource, nothing more. I doubt I would have noticed any change in RL if it hadn't been for Sean being banned, and the resulting uproar. Also, the 928 isn't my only Porsche, so the 928 RL forum isn't my only reason to go to RL.

I don't have a problem with using this forum, but I don't yet have any practical incentive, either. However, I'll try to make it a regular stop to see what happens going forward,
The Brat Prince of COBOL
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds