Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1980 Euro Model for sale in Dallas

1980 Euro Model for sale in Dallas 16 Mar 2017 12:43 #19592

• Dylan
  • New Forum Member
Here's the sad story on this one: We bought the car from Leake Auctions in 2015. It was previously owned by the Car Chaser's TV show. Looked really nice, but, of course, you can't drive 'em first. Got what seemed like a great deal at 8K. Driving it home revealed that the tranny synchros were shot. but it shifted fine double clutching. We drove it for a year, last Christmas pulled the tranny, and sent it to Joe Cogbill of Cogscogs.com. He did a great job for about $3500 parts/labor. Car shifts smooth now. Engine is strong and no other issues of any significance, good clutch, cold ac. But....., whamo. The rear engine seal was leaking - at least the engine is dripping at the rear. Some curse words were spoken that night! We don't have the tools or space to pull the engine and the local euro shop - well, forget about it.

Would like to see this car find a new home of non-goofball non-rednecks. But sincere goofballs or rednecks would be acceptable..
Is 6K asking too much? All my dad says about the car is, "those dang Germans." We have video shifting through the gears taken yesterday by my brother who'd never driven the car before (didn't know how to double clutch).. He did pretty well on the rebuilt tranny considering the odd shift pattern. Oh. We noticed that the speedo isn't reading. Might have hooked it up wrong when we installed the tranny.

Will send the car to ebay in a week or two with a starting price of 5K, no reserve. My heart will be bleeding until she's found a new home.

Send me an email and we'll give you a link to our dropbox videos.

UPDATE. The ebay auction on this car ends Sunday evening. There's a bidder at 4K so I guess the car has a potential new home. If you go to www.attheworkshop.com you can view some more pics and the videos. It's amazing how a single flaw can kill one of these things. That's life.

Dylan
Attachments:
Last Edit: 13 Apr 2017 18:36 by Dylan. Reason: updated information and a link
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 1.976 seconds