Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: POWER STEERING PUMP SEALS ,PRE 81 CAST IRON BODY.

POWER STEERING PUMP SEALS ,PRE 81 CAST IRON BODY. 06 Jan 2018 18:14 #20126

• morrelli
  • New Forum Member
Have spent many hours on line trying to find a seal kit for ZF 7671955110 pump .No where can I find a Porsche part number for this pump and even the correct seal kit! The cast iron body of this pump was pre' 1981, at which time they changed to aluminum. I can not find dismantling info' for this pump. Unlike the ZF1955146 pumps which you just tap out the shaft with a hide faced hammer to change the shaft seal, this pump seems to have some kind of retainer, circlip ??, which is not viewable! The seals for the '146 pump are available every where! 928-347-921-00 , but these are not correct for the '110. It has a larger shaft seal and there is no teflon seal inside to back up the first '' o " ring seal. I believe this pump came out of an ' 79 928 in the states, it was purchased used as a replacement for my '146 pump from my 1981 928 which was not performing power assist. On installation it leaked from the shaft seal ! so much for buying used parts ! So I rebuilt my original ' 146 with the above mentioned seal kit and it is now acceptable . None of the seal kits that I find on the web match the needs for this pump. Can anyone advise on what is required for repair of this pump? Graham.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds