Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: '81 merlot 928 for sale -Salem, OR

'81 merlot 928 for sale -Salem, OR 28 Mar 2015 02:12 #18155

• maryhawkins
  • New Forum Member
For sale 1981 Porsche 928 with Competition Package $7000 Merlot exterior with beige leather interior 1981 Porsche 928 with 47,000 miles. Every available option including Competition package (Euro 928s Front and Rear Spoiler, Recaro sport seats, 16” flat disc alloy wheels, Sport springs and Bilstein Shocks, and Three spoke Steering Wheel). The car is equipped with a water-cooled, 4.5 liter, fuel-injected, overhead cam V-8 engine, 3 speed automatic transmission, electric: sunroof, windows, locks, seats, antenna, mirrors, rear wiper and defogger, alarm, cruise control, climate control, great mechanical condition, Clean title, Full maintenance records, 225/50/26 tires with less than 1000 miles on them . Mechanically the car is in great condition all original parts except a new borla exhaust system. The exterior paint is faded, has rock chips and a couple small dents. Interior leather seats have small tears and show signs of wear. Some trim pieces are loose. My family is the cars first and forth owner. My dad bought the car with 2k miles in March of 1982. It was a demo car with every available option on it. After his passing in Nov 2002 it was sold to a collector in Canby, OR, then sold again to a family in Vancouver, WA. I bought it back in July 2006 and maintained the car mechanically with the intent of redoing the exterior paint and interior. I am selling it because I don’t have the time to bring the car to the condition it was in before it left the family and hard having the time to drive it. As much as I would like to keep it, it is time to pass it along to someone else that will enjoy the car as much as we have but has the time for it as well. I love this car, but at 60+, just does not seem to be practical for me to restore it with all my other responsibilities. Welcome any offer if you are interested. I can definitely get more photos if interested.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 28 Nov 2017 14:41 by maryhawkins. Reason: more current information
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'81 merlot 928 for sale -Salem, OR 28 Nov 2017 14:53 #20083

• maryhawkins
  • New Forum Member
I have been a member on and off since I found and repurchased my Dad's '81 928 in 2006. My family has other cars. My daily driver is a 2012 Fiat Abarth. I also own a 2008 C6 Corvette. Husband and two grown kids all have several cars. We have a local car group we do trips with a few times a year. We enjoy track days at Portland International Raceway. I have attended the Bondurant 4 day grand prix class twice. I am an avid Formula one enthusiast and have taken my son every year to Austin, TX, to the USGP since 2012.

'81 merlot 928 for sale -Salem, OR 06 Dec 2017 14:39 #20098

• Rich928
  • Administrator
Hello Mary,

I hope your Porsche 928 finds a good home, it sounds like a very fine car.

I took the Bondurant four day course only once ... wow what an experience. At the end of the class you feel like the four wheels are just an extension of your body.
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

'81 merlot 928 for sale -Salem, OR 12 Dec 2017 07:10 #20107

• earthtones
  • Junior Forum Member
Have you sold it already?
Moderators: mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds