Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism

Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism 02 Nov 2016 18:39 #19338

• y33trekker
  • Junior Forum Member
Well, I had heard from a few longtime RL 928 forum members that some of the other members had somewhat thin skin and couldn't take having their opinions questioned (heaven forbid apparently), but I guess my current ban was supposed to prove otherwise. ;)

Some there were suggesting I just wasn't appreciating the "informative" nature of a certain thread, but what they apparently didn't realize was how informative it was being about some of them in the process...in a variety of ways.

Some guys there just can't take what they like to dish out and go running to their masters/mommies when someone won't play by their apparent rules. And unfortunately, the only apparent form of thread "contribution" forum administration seems capable of being objective enough to recognize is car parts suggestions, as opposed to contribution in the form of a relatively outside perspective offering constructive criticism of bad behavior of some of the regulars, with the intent of moving forum exchanges to a more mature and civil level. Somewhat understandable I suppose since we all know how easy it is to get in a rut and no longer notice how bad behavior has become the norm.

In the end though, being in such a rut is not an excuse for allowing bad behavior to continue, even if the forum (and apparently the censorship of opposing opinions) HAS in part been bought and paid for...by some of those same site regulars/supporters...although I did happen to notice before my ban that the particular thread in question was being sponsored by a site supporter other than the site supporters who were polluting the thread and encouraging the bad behavior with their own obviously personal and professionally biased noise.

I'm supposed to be "cooling off", but the only thing I'm doing is being disappointed at the egotism and lack of maturity/perspective often on display on the 928 RL forum, and frankly, the 928 community deserves better

Just an FYI. Cheers.
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2016 10:17 by y33trekker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carl Fausett

Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism 04 Nov 2016 13:00 #19350

• y33trekker
  • Junior Forum Member
Just wanted to say thanks to those who.. (shall of course remain nameless).. have reached out to thank me for my recent effort.

It's surely sad to think that such opposition has the potential of resulting in future withholdings of parts/services from some who express what are apparently supposed to be viewed as heartfelt obsessions with keeping these cars on the road (ironically enough while historically exhibiting efforts to run off/discredit others who are trying to do the same)...but...the world is what's been made of it by all who are here, and as many of us are aware, not all of it good.

And while I've admittedly not been a part of the 928 community for long, I CAN say I've been around long enough to learn that a person always has options...

Thanks again.
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2016 13:18 by y33trekker.

Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism 11 Nov 2016 13:22 #19373

• y33trekker
  • Junior Forum Member
As more and more input/feedback has come in regarding this subject/incident, it seems the motivation for the opposition (and condoning) apparent in this particular situation would admittedly be described less ideologically (fascist)...than it would monetarily.

And while it's plainly obvious these days that money can usually be determined to be the main motivating factor behind many of lifes' decisions/opinions, is the best excuse that those who base the majority of their decisions/opinions on such a thing really that it's what everyone else does?

Newsflash. It's not.

But hey, you make your choices in life, and then you live with them...

Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism 05 Jan 2018 09:37 #20123

• y33trekker
  • Junior Forum Member
It seems some have been busy again "courageously" (anonymously) dinging my Karma rating here. ; )

Just remember, by dinging ME for calling out bad behavior, YOU in effect are siding with and condoning bad behavior.

It's becoming more and more plausible that those people don't necessarily understand how the whole Karma thing works.

Well done!
Last Edit: 06 Jan 2018 11:28 by y33trekker.

Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism 09 Feb 2018 10:27 #20179

• y33trekker
  • Junior Forum Member
It seems Rennlist fascism has spread to Facebook. You'd be able to tell by all the comments that get censored/deleted...if of course they hadn't been censored/deleted.

Ah the 928 community...where for SOME...professional courtesy is obviously a One-Way thoroughfare.

BTW, to those responsible, thanks again for the ongoing Karma dings here on 928registry.org.....dings which curiously ALWAYS seem to occur after I pose the question again of how some RL/FB 928 owners can CLAIM to be helping all 928 owners keep their-cars-on-the-road/ the-passion-alive WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY going out of their way to try to discredit some 928 vendors who are trying to do the SAME THING.

"Real" grown-up reactionary responses...which of course...aren't contradictory AT ALL. ;) LOL. ; )
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2018 11:04 by y33trekker.

Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism 16 Mar 2018 09:13 #20222

• Elgreco
  • New Forum Member
You are a great warrior man and we thank you for it lol

But please tell us we must know What color is the sky in your world?

Beware Rennlist 928 Fascism 17 Mar 2018 09:55 #20237

• y33trekker
  • Junior Forum Member
Elgreco wrote:
You are a great warrior man and we thank you for it lol

But please tell us we must know What color is the sky in your world?
Always informative when the individuals creating the problems expose themselves publicly Pete.

Well done. ;)

Next?
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds