Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Old/new member, needs to tow, moving

Old/new member, needs to tow, moving 20 Mar 2017 18:41 #19599

• snowglobe
  • Junior Forum Member
  • NOW ONLINE
Hi,
I have been to some NorCal events and have had a 1984 928 for several years, but I haven't driven the 928 in several years. My 928 o'clock membership lapsed for a few years as well.

I'm in Campbell, Ca, moving to Littleton, Colorado, and I am preparing to tow it. I already have a moving van and trailer. However, I'm having trouble getting this non running car onto the trailer, or even close to it.

I have two friends coming Tuesday night to help maneuver the car, and I have a manual come-along/winch. Hopefully it won't rain at that time. I really need to get this onto the trailer asap or things will get more complicated.

Perhaps a tow truck could be of help but this isn't straightforward, asking them to help me get it onto my rented trailer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Old/new member, needs to tow, moving 22 Mar 2017 20:34 #19604

• snowglobe
  • Junior Forum Member
  • NOW ONLINE
I thought I already replied to this, but I got it onto the trailer with help from coworkers and from two 928 owners from rennlist, Mark W and Jeff (speedtoys).
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds