Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello from Orange...Australia

Hello from Orange...Australia 30 May 2017 04:08 #19760

• foxint
  • Junior Forum Member
Hi Guys
Great Place

Just stepped out of 17 years with a 911, into the clutches of a 1982 928 Auto.....Just got it home today and there is a lot to learn and do. Yes I know the wheels are wrong and I am on the job. I have read through a lot of the posts and WOW....great comments

Me: OCD father of 3 daughters (eldest 13). I live in the bush in the middle of cool climate wines in Orange. Do not buy Orange (Australia) wines - too expensive. I would rather spend my money on Hunter Valley wines. I am grumpy old man with views on most things.
But hoping to learn a lot about 928. I have ordered a lot of books - yes I should have done that first. But I needed to get back into the marque. Daily driver is a Toyota Camry V6....so this is the sporty model - it says Sport on the back.
I am also a little obsessed with watches.
Dan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello from Orange...Australia 30 May 2017 07:52 #19761

• joejabq
  • Senior Forum Member
Welcome Dan!
Great looking car! It looks like a nicer version of my '83.

It's an S, right?

Always happy to help or just chat, just post.
What I've enjoyed most about having mine is the learning (and the weekend drives in the Albuquerque foothills)..
How's it running ?

Joe

PS: We're all a little OCD to be owning these cars, right!

Hello from Orange...Australia 30 May 2017 16:51 #19762

• foxint
  • Junior Forum Member
Hi Joe
Yes...we are all mad. My wife thinks I am bonkers...the 2005 Toyota Camry works...so why do you want an old piece of junk....women....ha-ha.

No mate...the previous owners tarted it up to look like an S...just the base model with optional rubbing strip & extra mirror.

My first nightmare is getting keys....the previous owner gave me one very worn key...seems like I have to ask Porsche and hope the original still fits the 30 year old barrels...

At least the Kinderfocken (my daughers) think it is cool....still can pull the young chicks...ha-ha. Wait until I pick them up from school....the mum's in the car park will go WTF....

Thanks....love a chat. It is a WIP, so who knows how long ti will take to get it back to original.

Dan
Last Edit: 30 May 2017 16:52 by foxint.

Hello from Orange...Australia 01 Jun 2017 22:42 #19768

• Rich928
  • Administrator
Hello Dan,
You have no need for a nightmare. Follow this link to an Australian company who can make your key from a photo.

www.keys4classics.com/html/Por928.html

They did a fine job making a key for my 1979 928.
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

Hello from Orange...Australia 01 Jun 2017 23:31 #19769

• foxint
  • Junior Forum Member
Hi Mate

Thank you. A local...that is good. I will keep them on file. I ordered some keys from a guy in the UK.
All local contacts most welcomed.
I am in the bush and will have the car on club plates (soon). Then I can work out what is right and not right. I will need new rims, plus lots of other stuff.

From my limited ownership I notice the cassette console is broken, from all I can gather many year of people putting their elbow there to get comfortable. Anyone thought of making them from solid stuff...I know just do not rest on it...but mine is donald ducked.

Thanks
Dan
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds