Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: corroded key locking lug nuts

corroded key locking lug nuts 26 Jan 2020 22:53 #21111

My new acquisition has one corroded key locking lug nut on each wheel, that I don't have the key for. As a result, I am hesitant to drive the car with the possibility of getting a flat and no way to remove the wheel. Anyone had this situation? How did you resolve it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

corroded key locking lug nuts 27 Jan 2020 07:58 #21112

• Trainer
  • Junior Forum Member
Its quite simple Get a heavy hammer and a sharp chisel and start chopping away. It will take a little time but that's just what you have to do

corroded key locking lug nuts 28 Jan 2020 22:45 #21114

Isn't the lock hardened steel? How is the lock designed to be unlocked with a Key? Could a locksmith open it or could you just slip on a 3/4 socket, override it with a long breaker bar and unscrew it?

corroded key locking lug nuts 29 Jan 2020 08:11 #21115

• Trainer
  • Junior Forum Member
That has been tried but it will not work. The manufacturers of wheel lock nuts are not idiots. Their product is designed to make it very difficult to pull so get busy and start hammering away. It will make you work up a proper sweat in an hour or so.
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds