Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: 928 mechanic close to Panama City Beach, FL

928 mechanic close to Panama City Beach, FL 24 Jun 2020 18:03 #21329

• phil
  • New Forum Member
Hello, my name is Phil. I recently picked up an 85 928s Euro with 47,000 miles. Was in a climate controlled environment for most of its life. Was searching for a good example 310 HP car for some time. Pretty happy with it for the most part. Although, I don't want to tackle the timing belt myself but am having a heck of a time finding anybody to work on it.
I live in South Alabama and have spoke to about a dozen euro type shops, including the Porsche dealership in Montgomery, AL. Everyone told me to get lost....

Can anyone please direct me to a shop anywhere in the panhandle of Florida. Anywhere close to Denstin, Pensacola, Panama City? Really appreciate any help.

Phil
Enterprise, AL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

928 mechanic close to Panama City Beach, FL 25 Jun 2020 06:49 #21331

• Trainer
  • Junior Forum Member
I do not think you are going to find help anywhere close to your neck of the woods. You have to come across to West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale for the kind of expertise that is required . If you have a decent array of tools in your garage or if you are prepared to buy what is necessary to do the job then by all means do it yourself. There are manuals that will guide you step by step in the process. It is pretty simple really if you are mechanically inclined
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds