Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: New member, new owner

New member, new owner 20 Aug 2020 15:17 #21408

• Mondo928
  • Junior Forum Member
  • NOW ONLINE
New toe the 928 world, bought a 1982 model on my birthday earlier this month. Happy birthday to me. I grew up near Laguna Seca raceway and attended all the races there from early elementary school through high school and was a course marshal during high school. I remember seeing the 928 for the first time during a Historic auto races lunch break. I always watched races from a tree looking down on the famous cork screw and during the lunch break walking down the hill towards the paddock I saw across the track this car driving into the outfield on the west side of the track. I had seen the car in a magazine so I knew what it was. What was memorable to me was the murmur that went through the crowd as it drove in, then we all headed en mass to the car. I remember a huge ring of spectators surrounding the car and us waiting to get close to see it. Now I have one! Hard for me to tell, but it is Hellbronze Mettalic, matching painted wheels, 2 tone all leather interior, the right VIN range, performance package w/ 5 speed, but no seal on the dash and no luggage, othewise I would say its a Weissach, so is there anyway to find out more about this particular car?

Thanks and looking fowards to living with this for many years to come...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New member, new owner 22 Aug 2020 11:00 #21422

• Rich928
Mondo928 - Welcome.

What a great experience to work at the Laguna Seca.

I attended the last three Rennsport Reunions at Laguna Seca (aka whatever $ name they have) and greatly enjoyed the experience and location. Half of the fun was getting there in my 1987 928 S4.

Enjoy your Porsche 928. Perhaps the VIN decoder will provide more information about your 928.
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast

New member, new owner 22 Aug 2020 17:33 #21423

• jan
  • Junior Forum Member
HI Mendo 928
Where are you located ?
I also just got a 1982 928 that i still have to get running..I am in Maine.

New member, new owner 24 Aug 2020 23:17 #21433

• Mondo928
  • Junior Forum Member
  • NOW ONLINE
Thanks for the welcome. I didn’t miss any event at Laguna Seca from age 8 through 21 but have not attended a single event since. I need to go again

New member, new owner 24 Aug 2020 23:19 #21434

• Mondo928
  • Junior Forum Member
  • NOW ONLINE
I’m in Oregon. Pretty much as far away from you as I can get and still be in the US. Good luck with your 1982. Luckily mine is in amazing shape when I got it and it runs wonderfully.

New member, new owner 24 Aug 2020 23:51 #21435

• billvvOC
The Registry VIN search page should tell you whether it's a Weissach
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds